Academic Content Specialist
Are you the kind of person who excels at planning and managing multiple diverse projects at once? Do you have great verbal and written communications skills to effectively manage remote work? Are you passionate about working for a company that truly believes education should be in everyone’s reach and having the tools to be successful in your studies isn’t a notion that just the privileged few should have?
Pocket Prep is growing its academic content team and we are actively looking for a strategic thinker and enthusiastic Academic Content Specialist to join our team. You will bring your proven research, communications, and analytical capabilities to plan, create, refine, and deliver our academic content to millions of members throughout the world.
You will help us source, hire, and manage our many academic content writers, provide academic content-related support for members, and work closely with our Marketing team to manage member feedback and implement content improvements. This role will report directly into Pocket Prep’s Senior Project Manager.
The right candidate will be a creative, strategic thinker who has a passion for education and enjoys working within a small team. You take action, are able to juggle many tasks throughout each day, and aren’t afraid of branching out to assist with cross-functional work.
About the Role
Pocket Prep’s Academic Content Specialist will help generate and deliver academic test prep questions and other various prep content by overseeing the work assignment and activity of freelance academic writers and editors. This person will:
- Identify, outsource, and provide project oversight for the freelance industry professionals who write our academic test prep content
- Manage many content jobs within Trello; effectively document details, track performance, and schedule periodic content reviews
- Serve as liaison between subscribing members and industry professionals
- Ensure academic content adheres to test guides and Pocket Prep standards
- Present project status and goals in monthly all hands meetings
- Occasionally work with Marketing team to identify member feedback and provide resolutions or improvements to academic content
- Occasionally work with Development team to improve Pocket Prep’s content management system (CMS)
You bring the following to our team:
- 3-5 years of experience in project management; CAPM or PMP certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with Trello, Intercom, and Excel, Google Docs, and WordPress are a bonus
- Ability to effectively collaborate with remote and multi-time-zone team members
- Experience in academia or higher education is a plus
- Familiarity with common professional credentials and the credentialing process is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Pocket Prep
Pocket Prep believes education should be in everyone’s reach. Having the tools to be successful in your studies isn’t a notion that just the privileged few should have. That’s why we have led the mobile test prep category with our portable learning, smart feedback, and affordable programs since 2011. Our small but growing bi-coastal team is dedicated to providing the most effective, convenient, and engaging test prep for more than 100 standardized exams.
We care about people passing exams because we’ve been there. Co-founders Ken Gillette and Peter Murphy faced expensive, high-stakes tests for career-promoting professional credentials while they were co-workers at Lockheed Martin. Like tens of thousands of other Americans, they shelled out hundreds of dollars to register and buy the materials they thought would improve their chances of passing. After hauling textbooks, flashcards, and study guides to costly test prep classes, they founded Pocket Prep to help people more effectively and inexpensively prepare for important assessments.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Work/Life Balance: Freedom to live your life while accomplishing something awesome for everyone in education.
- Competitive Salaries: We pay in actual dollars, not shares. Plus, we offer profit sharing to every employee.
- 100% Healthcare: Yes, that’s right. We cover all of our employees’ health care premiums.