Who we are
Pocket Prep is a leading mobile learning platform offering efficient and affordable study solutions for professional certifications and standardized tests. We are looking for a native Android Developer to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a flexible, small team work environment where they can make a direct impact. Pocket Prep offers great benefits, including Health Insurance, 401k, Profit Share Plan, and a flexible work schedule.
Pocket Prep provides several portals to its world-class learning content and the native Android app is a big part of our solution. We have a rock solid application today built with Kotlin. You will be instrumental in maintaining this app and updating the current onboarding flow. Further feature additions and potentially a v2 will be discussed throughout the year and your expertise will help inform our decisions and you will execute any new initiatives.
What you will do
- Maintain the test suite as you update and add new features
- Maintain the source code to the best standards and latest Kotlin releases
- Identify and resolve any instabilities or inefficiencies in the app
- Plan out and execute on the next version of the app
What you will need
- Significant experience with Android, particularly Kotlin
- Experience building and deploying to the Google Play store
- A desire to test while you build, ensuring a high-quality application
- Passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with task planning and ticketing tools like Pivotal, Jira, etc
- Comfortability with a high degree of freedom and commensurate responsibility
What you’ll get from us
- The latest hardware and a sit/stand desk to complement a collaborative office with a variety of workspaces, including your home
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, and retirement packages
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that values work-life balance
- Paid company shut down over the winter holidays
- No emails in the evenings or on weekends
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pocket Prep is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.