Who we are
Pocket Prep is a leading mobile learning platform offering efficient and affordable study solutions for professional certifications and standardized tests. We are looking for a native Android Developer to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a flexible, small team work environment where they can make a direct impact. Pocket Prep offers great benefits, including Health Insurance, 401k, Profit Share Plan, and a flexible work schedule.
Pocket Prep provides several portals to its world-class learning content and the native Android app is a big part of our solution. We have a rock solid application today built with Kotlin. You will be instrumental in maintaining this app and updating the current onboarding flow. Further feature additions and potentially a v2 will be discussed throughout the year and your expertise will help inform our decisions and you will execute any new initiatives.
What you will do
- Maintain the test suite as you update and add new features
- Maintain the source code to the best standards and latest Kotlin releases
- Identify and resolve any instabilities or inefficiencies in the app
- Plan out and execute on the next version of the app
What you will need
- Significant experience with Android, particularly Kotlin
- Experience building and deploying to the Google Play store
- A desire to test while you build, ensuring a high-quality application
- Passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with task planning and ticketing tools like Pivotal, Jira, etc
- Comfortability with a high degree of freedom and commensurate responsibility
What you’ll get from us
- The latest hardware and a sit/stand desk to complement a collaborative office with a variety of workspaces, including your home
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, and retirement packages
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that values work-life balance
- Paid company shut down over the winter holidays
- No emails in the evenings or on weekends
Think you have what we’re looking for? Fill out our application form below.