Who we are
Pocket Prep is a leading mobile learning platform offering efficient and affordable study solutions for professional certifications and standardized tests. We are looking for a native Android Developer to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a flexible, small team work environment where they can make a direct impact. Pocket Prep offers great benefits, including Health Insurance, 401k, Profit Share Plan, and a flexible work schedule.
Pocket Prep provides several portals to its world-class learning content and the native iOS app is responsible for two-thirds of our traffic. While it has performed very well for us to date, this large traffic and desire for new functionality have driven us to kick off a new ‘greenfield’ development project of the iOS client. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining this new app along with another team member.
What you will do
- Build out an appropriate test suite as you develop
- Implement the design via ‘xib’ files and Interface Builder
- Flush out and implement a local data model to handle server communication
- Develop advanced transitions and animations to add polish to the app
What you will need
- Significant experience with iOS, particularly Swift
- Significant experience with UIKit and other required core frameworks
- A desire to test while you build, ensuring a high-quality application
- Passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with task planning and ticketing tools like Pivotal, Jira, etc
- Comfortability with a high degree of freedom and commensurate responsibility
What you’ll get from us
- The latest hardware and a sit/stand desk to complement a collaborative office with a variety of workspaces, including your home
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, and retirement packages
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that values work-life balance
- Paid company shut down over the winter holidays
- No emails in the evenings or on weekends
Think you have what it takes? Fill out the form below.