Preferred Location: Durham, NC
Are you the kind of person who thrives in an environment where innovative and creative thinking matters every day? Do you have a knack for creating high-quality B2C CRM programs that convey customer value propositions, generate excitement, and build brand loyalty across multiple diverse target audiences? Are you passionate about working for a company that truly believes education should be in everyone’s reach and having the tools to be successful in your studies isn’t a notion that just the privileged few should have?
Pocket Prep is growing its in-house marketing capabilities and we are actively looking for a forward-thinking Marketing Specialist to join our growing marketing team. You will bring your proven creative, analytical, and communications capabilities to imagine, plan, implement, and optimize compelling relationship marketing campaigns. You will help us drive retention, brand loyalty, and advocacy for Pocket Prep and its individual offerings. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing on the planning and implementation of the company’s long-term B2C CRM strategy. This role will report directly into Pocket Prep’s Director of Marketing.
The right candidate will be a creative, strategic thinker with a track record of successfully running email and push notification campaigns and relationship marketing programs. You are a dynamic marketer who is comfortable thinking big and diving deep to launch and optimize campaigns across multiple target audience segments.
About Pocket Prep
Pocket Prep believes education should be in everyone’s reach. Having the tools to be successful in your studies isn’t a notion that just the privileged few should have. That’s why we have led the mobile test prep category with our portable learning, smart feedback, and affordable programs since 2011. Our small but growing bi-coastal team is dedicated to providing the most effective, convenient, and engaging test prep for more than 100 standardized exams.
We care about people passing exams because we’ve been there. Co-founders Ken Gillette and Peter Murphy faced expensive, high-stakes tests for career-promoting professional credentials while they were co-workers at Lockheed Martin. Like tens of thousands of other Americans, they shelled out hundreds of dollars to register and buy the materials they thought would improve their chances of passing. After hauling textbooks, flashcards, and study guides to costly test prep classes, they founded Pocket Prep to help people more effectively and inexpensively prepare for important assessments.
About the Role
Pocket Prep’s Marketing Specialist will build brand affinity and loyalty for Pocket Prep within our CRM platform. This person will:
- Monitor, maintain and optimize email/CRM campaigns and loyalty program
- Execute B2C CRM programs to increase lifetime value and customer retention
- Analyze data to determine campaign efficiency
- Develop KPIs and track campaign results
- Creation of content (blog, emails, push notifications, eNewsletter)
- Understand and implement A/B testing to ensure optimization of campaigns
- Develop project recommendations for senior management team.
- Ensure content adheres to brand guidelines
You bring the following to our team:
- A mindset that balances data and action and values collaboration.
- A dedication to lifelong learning in your discipline and in general.
- 3-5 years experience in B2C CRM and email campaigns for another company or organization is mandatory.
- Experience with implementing customer journey with automated triggers for communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience with at least one marketing automation platform (Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua and Pardot, etc.).
- Familiarity with Leanplum is a plus.
- Familiarity with HTML and graphic design best practices.
- Experience in email design is a bonus.
- Experience with remote work and multi-time-zone teams is a bonus.
- Familiarity with common professional credentials (maybe you even have one?) and/or test prep also a bonus.