Pocket Prep is growing its in-house marketing capabilities, starting with a marketing leader who will set the tone for the next phase of our growth. This senior marketing role will build on the existing success of Pocket Prep’s mobile education applications to help us reach even more learners while designing our marketing strategy for the future.
This role is to be based in Seattle, WA, or remote for a candidate with experience working in a distributed team.
About Pocket Prep
Since 2011, Pocket Prep has led the mobile test prep category with our portable learning, smart feedback, and affordable programs. Our small, but growing, bi-coastal team is dedicated to providing the most effective, convenient and engaging test prep for more than 100 standardized exams.
We care about people passing exams because we’ve been there. Co-founders Ken Gillette and Peter Murphy faced expensive, high-stakes tests for career-promoting professional credentials while they were co-workers at Lockheed Martin. Like tens of thousands of other Americans, they shelled out hundreds of dollars to register and buy the paraphernalia they thought would improve their chances of passing. After hauling textbooks, flashcards, and study guides to costly test-prep classes, they founded Pocket Prep to more effectively and inexpensively help people prepare for important assessments.
Pocket Prep’s Senior Marketing Manager Role
- Stewards the brand, develops, translates, and updates the brand identity and guide as needed, to communicate the highest level brand strategy and values to external audiences
- Represents Pocket Prep at relevant national events and capitalizes on other opportunities that extend the brand’s reach for consumers and business customers.
- Designs and executes tests in customer recruitment and retention through Intercom, content, partnerships and email marketing. Intercom experience a bonus.
- Sets for high-level marketing strategy, including the funnel, channel and message tests, and non-scalable work
- Designs and executes realistic content marketing strategy for organic discoverability and SEO, including the optimization of the WordPress website
- Recruits and assesses the performance of fractional freelance experts and junior marketing talent
You bring the following to our team:
- A practitioner mindset that balances data and action and values collaboration
- A dedication to lifelong learning in your discipline and in general
- Deep quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including Google Analytics, and comfort synthesizing multiple sources of data to make strategic recommendations
- 4+ years of direct, multichannel marketing experience, from execution to strategy, preferably in B2C software products
- Ad budget management experience, including PPC, SEM, and other paid channels
- Experience running and analyzing a marketing tech stack, including WordPress, Intercom, social content management
- Experience hiring and managing junior team members and freelance talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with remote work and multi-time-zone teams a bonus
- Familiarity with common professional credentials (maybe you even have one?) and/or test prep also a bonus
In addition to a competitive base salary, health insurance, and a generous leave policy, Pocket Prep offers profit sharing. We’re proud to have bootstrapped our way to profitability and are even more proud to share those profits with our employees.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pocket Prep is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.