Series 6 Exam Guide
The Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Representative Qualification Examination (IR), also known as the Series 6 exam, measures the degree to which each candidate possesses the knowledge needed to perform the critical functions of an investment company and variable contract products representative, including sales of mutual funds and variable annuities.
The Series 6 exam consists of 100 scored questions and an additional five unscored pretest questions. Candidates are given two hours and 15 minutes (135 minutes) to complete the exam. The passing score is 70 percent.
There are four main job functions of a Series 6 representative:
– Function 1: Regulatory fundamentals and business development
– Function 2: Evaluate customers’ financial information, identify investment objectives, provide information on investment products, and make suitable recommendations
– Function 3: Open, maintain, transfer and close accounts, and retain appropriate account records
– Function 4: Obtain, verify and confirm customer purchase and sale instructions
Pocket Prep’s Series 6 exam prep app breaks down the content into five knowledge areas:
– Evaluation of Customers
– Investment Company Securities and Variable Contracts
– Marketing, Prospecting and Sales Presentations
– Opening and Servicing Customer Accounts
– Securities and Tax Regulation
- 500 Practice Questions
- 5 Content Subjects
- 350 Happy Users
Create Custom Exams
In three simple screens, you can choose your study mode, content areas, and how many questions you want to take. Personalized practice will increase your learning ability.
- Show Flagged Questions Only
- Number of Questions 0
Our answer rationales are written to effectively teach you the material. We even explain why the distractors are incorrect choices so you can fully master the concepts.
- FINRA Reviewed
- FINRA Guaranteed
- FINRA Approved
- FINRA Endorsed
Track Your Progress
Track your progress with detailed exam results and cumulative history charts. Analyze your past scores, the time taken to complete a test, and knowledge area strengths and weaknesses.
Study on any Device
Study on any device and store exam history in your Pocket Prep cloud account. Simply log in to your account and pick up where you left off!
No Internet Required
Study anywhere, anytime. Open the app on your mobile device to get started.
See answers and explanations as you go or simulate an official exam by waiting until the end.
Schedule daily study time that fits your busy schedule and never forget to study.
Question of the Day
Finding motivation to study can be tough. Challenge yourself with a new QOTD each day.
Reach us through the app and enjoy personalized support. Let us help you succeed!
Pass your next exam without breaking the bank. Start studying for free today!