NBCC NCE Exam Guide
The NBCC National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE) is a 200-item multiple-choice examination designed to assess knowledge, skills, and abilities determined to be important for providing effective counseling services. The NCE is a requirement for counselor licensure in many states.
The National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification measures knowledge from the eight content areas of the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and the work behaviors determined by NBCC’s job analysis.
NCE Content Outline
1. Professional Practice and Ethics (12% / 19 questions)
2. Intake, Assessment, and Diagnosis (12% / 19 questions)
3. Areas of Clinical Focus (29% / 47 questions)
4. Treatment Planning (9% / 14 questions)
5. Counseling Skills and Interventions (30% / 48 questions)
6. Core Counseling Attributes (8% / 13 questions)
- 500 Practice Questions
- 8 Content Subjects
- 550 Happy Users
- Show Flagged Questions Only
- Number of Questions 0
- Behavioral counseling
- Reality theory
Download the app and start studying for free today.
*Disclaimer: Pocket Prep, Inc. is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NBCC®. Accordingly, the NBCC makes no representations regarding the content of Pocket Prep, Inc. materials. All organizational and test names are trademarks of their respective owners.