Pocket Prep is now offering study material for the Marital and Family Therapy National Examination (MFT) exam and certification by the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB).
The MFT study material is now available as part of Pocket Prep’s Behavioral Health app, available on iOS, Android and desktop. This app also features study material for eight other industry exams spanning the specialities of psychologists, social workers, and counselors.
Marriage and family therapists help people manage and overcome problems with family and other relationships. They are considered mental health professionals trained in family systems and psychotherapy to evaluate, diagnose, and treat a wide range of mental and emotional disorders.
Pocket Prep’s study material for the MFT certification exam features 500 practice questions and is broken down into the six domain areas of the exam. Those domains and their respective weight on the exam are:
- The Practice of Systemic Therapy (23.33%)
- Assessing, Hypothesizing, and Diagnosing (13.82%)
- Designing and Conducting Treatment (12.14%)
- Evaluating Ongoing Process and Terminating Treatment (17.51%)
- Managing Crisis Situations (14.44%)
- Maintaining Ethical, Legal, and Professional Standards (18.76%)
The following three textbooks were used to build the content, and they are used as reference points in the detailed answer explanations for every question within the app:
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in the Practice of Marriage and Family Therapy, 5th Edition by Allen Wilcoxon, Theodore Remley and Samuel Gladding
- An Introduction to Marriage and Family Therapy, 2nd Edition by Joseph L. Wetchler and Lorna L. Hecker
- The National Licensing Exam for Marriage and Family Therapy: An Independent Study Guide, 2nd Edition by Lucas A. Volini
All of Pocket Prep’s practice questions are built from scratch using the company’s sourcePrep™ process that includes working with industry experts, and they are completely original.
Pocket Prep has been providing study prep for behavioral health and medical professionals for over a decade and averages a 4.8-star App Store rating on all of its exam prep apps. As the nature of examinations means regular content and version changes, Pocket Prep will always make content updates as exam standards change.
About Pocket Prep
Pocket Prep has led the mobile test prep category with its portable learning, smart feedback, and affordable programs since 2011. The company is dedicated to providing the most effective, convenient, and engaging test prep for more than 100 standardized exams spanning the medical, nursing, business, IT, social work, finance, automotive and fitness industries. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA with an office in Durham, NC.