On May 21, 2018, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam will be changing to reflect the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition changes.
Some of the updates you can expect to see surround lexicon changes and terminology used within the exam as well as harmonization of process groups, tools, and techniques.
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK Guide® as a study tool for the PMP, you can expect to find the following updates in the PMBOK Guide® – Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager has been added to focus on leading projects effectively – competencies, experience, and skills that are all necessary.
- Two Knowledge Areas have been renamed to more accurately reflect which elements can be managed… and which can not:
- Time Management is now Schedule Management
- Human Resource Management is now Resource Management
Every Knowledge Area features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
The CAPM pilot exam period will be March 12 to May 20. The last day to register and pay for the exam is March 6. Candidates will still have the option to take the current CAPM exam based on the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition until May 20.
Pocket Prep has two app exam versions to allow candidates to study for either version. One version references the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition and the other references the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition. Simply choose which version during the signup process or change the versions at any time in the app’s Account Settings.
Visit the PMI Website for more Information