On March 26, 2018, the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam will be changing to reflect the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition changes.
Some of the updates you can expect to see surround lexicon changes and terminology used within the exam as well as harmonization of process groups, tools, and techniques.
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK Guide® as a study tool for the PMP, you can expect to find the following updates in the PMBOK Guide® – Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager has been added to focus on leading projects effectively – competencies, experience, and skills that are all necessary.
- Two Knowledge Areas have been renamed to more accurately reflect which elements can be managed… and which can not:
- Time Management is now Schedule Management
- Human Resource Management is now Resource Management
Every Knowledge Area features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
The PMP exam is changing on March 26, 2018. If you schedule your exam on or after March 26, you will receive an updated version of the exam that references the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition. Anyone taking the exam prior to March 26, 2018, will receive the current version of the exam that references the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition.