The Wound Care Certified (WCC) certification is offered by the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy® (NAWCO), a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement and promotion of excellence in wound care through the certification of wound care practitioners in the United States.
In addition to prior educational and hands-on experience requirements, those interested in earning this certification must hold a license in one of the following medical professions:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Physical Therapist (PT)/Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (OTA)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
Pocket Prep’s study material for the NAWCO WCC® exam includes 400 practice questions spanning the four domain areas of the exam. Those domains are Patient and Wound Information, Plan of Care, Legal, and Skin.
The following four textbooks were used to build the content, and they are used as reference points in the detailed answer explanations for every question within the app:
- Wound Care Certification Study Guide, Second Edition by Jayesh B. Shah M.D., Paul J. Sheffield and Caroline E. Fife
- Acute and Chronic Wounds: Current Management Concepts, 5th Edition by Ruth Bryant and Denise Nix
- Wound Care: A Collaborative Practice Manual for Health Professionals, Fourth Edition by Carrie Sussman and Barbara Bates-Jensen
- Wound Care Pocket Guide: Clinical Reference, 2nd Edition by Kim Saunders
In addition to the NAWCO WCC® exam, Pocket Prep also offers study prep for 14 other medical certifications like the NBCOT OTR®, FSBPT® NPTE-PTA and NBRC CRT/RRT. All these exams can be found in the same app: Medical Pocket Prep.
Pocket Prep has been providing study prep for a decade and averages a 4.8-star App Store rating on all of its exam prep apps. As the nature of examinations means regular content and version changes, Pocket Prep will always make content updates as exam standards change.
About Pocket Prep
Pocket Prep has led the mobile test prep category with its portable learning, smart feedback, and affordable programs since 2011. The company is dedicated to providing the most effective, convenient, and engaging test prep for more than 100 standardized exams spanning the medical, nursing, business, IT, social work, finance, automotive and fitness industries. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA with an office in Durham, NC.