Pocket Prep is now offering study prep for the NHA® Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam as part of the company’s Medical Pocket Prep mobile app and online study portal.
Medical assistants (MAs) work in the offices of physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities where they complete clinical and administrative tasks that support healthcare teams. They are often the first and last person a patient will interact with and make a lasting impression and impact on the patient experience.
According to the NHA®, MAs perform a variety of tasks that include:
- Taking patient vital signs
- Assisting providers with exams and procedures
- Administering injections or medications
- Performing EKG, phlebotomy, and other essential laboratory procedures
- Checking patients in and out upon arrival and departure
- Answering phone calls and questions
- Updating and maintaining electronic health records (EHR)
Pocket Prep’s study material for the NHA® CCMA exam includes 500 practice questions spanning the seven domain areas of the exam. Those domains are:
- Foundational Knowledge and Basic Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical Patient Care
- Patient Care Coordination and Education
- Administrative Assisting
- Communication and Customer Service
- Medical Law and Ethics
The following three textbooks were used to build the content, and they are used as reference points in the detailed answer explanations for every question within the app:
- Today’s Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures, 4th Edition by Kathy Bonewit-West and Sue Hunt
- Kinn’s The Clinical Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 14th Edition by Brigitte Niedzwiecki, Julie Pepper, and P. Ann Weaver
- Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, 20th Edition by David L. Heymann
In addition to the NHA® CCMA exam, Pocket Prep also offers study prep for 15 other medical certifications like the NBCOT OTR®, FSBPT® NPTE-PTA and NBRC CRT/RRT. All these exams can be found in the same app: Medical Pocket Prep.
Pocket Prep has been providing study prep for a decade and averages a 4.8-star App Store rating on all of its exam prep apps. As the nature of examinations means regular content and version changes, Pocket Prep will always make content updates as exam standards change.
About Pocket Prep
Pocket Prep has led the mobile test prep category with its portable learning, smart feedback, and affordable programs since 2011. The company is dedicated to providing the most effective, convenient, and engaging test prep for more than 100 standardized exams spanning the medical, nursing, business, IT, social work, finance, automotive and fitness industries. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA with an office in Durham, NC.